To obtain your Alabama agent/producer license, complete the following steps:
1. Meet the basic Alabama Producer License Requirements
- Be at least 18 years old
- Must not have committed any act that is a ground for denial, suspension, or revocation of license (see here for complete list)
2. Complete the required Alabama Pre-licensing Course through All-Lines Training for the desired line of authority
- Personal Lines: 40-hour course on personal lines insurance
- Combined Property & Casualty – 20-hour course on Property & Casualty Insurance
- Property – 20-hour course on Property Insurance
- Casualty – 20-hour course on Casualty Insurance
Alabama also licenses producers for Life, Accident & Health or Sickness (Disability), Combined Life / Accident & Health or Sickness (Disability), Bail Bonds, and Variable Life and Variable Annuity but those lines of authority are not currently offered by All-Lines Training.
3. Take the state exam through the University of Alabama. You may select which location you would like to take the exam or you can choose to use an online proctor and take the exam from your personal computer.
4. Three to five days after receiving your course Certificate of Completion, submit your application through NIPR
5. Submit Proof of Citizenship Documentation. Must be done within 10 days of submitting your application
6. Process and submit Fingerprints through Gemalto